Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 50 Guest(s)
The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo
So, I've finally gotten around to playing Dragon Age: Origins.

Well so much for ever finishing Skyrim. DA:O is so much better. It's not perfect, I wish there was a way to auto-target in battle, because sometimes I wind up doing nothing because one of my cohorts is in my way and I can't click directly on the enemy. And sometimes in the over the shoulder mode its hard to find what's around me, but it's hard to find my way around while exploring with the top-down camera view.

As good as Skyrim was, the characters were like...a 6. They were far better than most games offer up, but as far as real characterization it was quantity over quality. Skyrim characters were like...they developed archetypes and just tweaked the archetypes a bit for each person.
Dragon Age is more like...the common NPC is a common 4-5, but the special NPCs are a 7 and the player characters are an 8.5-9 in many cases.

I'm sitting here at work chomping at the bit waiting to get home to play it. I haven't had a game do that to me in quite a while. Years, in fact. Probably since Valkyria Chronicles (which I played early last year...I was very late on picking it up, too ;) ).
Not to mention...Cousland's Mabari is freaking adorable! You big, doofy-faced, murderous puppyl you're sooo cuute!

Messages In This Thread
Madden 11 help - by Jamey Burky - 12-23-2014, 05:11 PM
NCAA 14 Ultimate Team Help - by Jamey Burky - 06-06-2015, 11:43 AM
RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - by SamuraiGaiden - 01-21-2016, 09:39 PM