Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 43 Guest(s)
The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo
(03-16-2016, 03:37 AM)retrolinkx Wrote: ^

This is pretty much the reason why Stairway to the Destined Duel is the best Yugioh game in my opinion.

You can duel everyone from the Battle City arc and before, and I mean everyone. Tristan, Mokuba and Tea all make an appearance.
The new rules that basically banned all the fun cards haven't been put into place yet.
You can input your card codes and get them into the game for free.
The gameplay is MUCH MUCH faster than the other GBA games. I actually can't play the other GBA Yugioh games that have this same duel system because of how slow it is.
Music is top tier too. I'm listening to the OST right now and it's really cool.
While there isn't much of a story (it just seems to happen as you progress) everything else makes up for it.
It's a great time waster if you just want to turn on your game, and duel someone. I have it on my Phone in case I'm bored and want to play a quick pre-GX duel with CPU's.

Seriously, STTDD was the first Yugioh game to actually HAVE the rules, as opposed to the weird versions beforehand that stuck to the Pre-Konami rules (literally Pokemon, Light monsters could destroy ANY dark monster regardless of atk or effect, and field spell cards went in the magic/trap zone) or just WASN'T Yugioh (I'm looking at you Duelist of the Roses).

I actually miss those childhood days of playing Stairway to the Destined Duel constantly while waiting for the Battle City arc of Yugioh to come on every Saturday or so.

I like the games that let you play any of the cards that you want to play. The ones that ban certain cards are normaly use tornament style rules which is and isn't fun. I even enjoy the ones that make you earn the right to use these cards. The one that I have in mind is Dark Duel Stories if it had more meat to it.

As for other Non-duel monsters style Yu-Gi-Oh games, they aren't "bad," but really if I wanted to play Yu-Gi-Oh, I wanted to play a card game, and not a turn-based strategy game (Capsule Monster Coliseum), a board game (Destiny Board Traveler), or a some chess inspired game (Duelist of the Roses). On the other hand, the manga was based around diffrent games before it got absorbed by the card game.

(03-16-2016, 05:43 AM)Psychospacecow Wrote: Even worse. You don't actually get to own any of the cards you get from codes. They're rented and points are deducted from your earnings as long as you have some of them in your inventory.
The main reason they do stuff like that is because there usually is a set of 3-10 really good decks for any given generation and this being a game, they expect you to progress from bottom to top. You don't even get access to the card "rental" system until well into the 2nd? month. Honestly, I love GX but this game makes me realize just how slow the game was before the power creep broke the game every other month. I think the best balance was pre-Arc V post dragon ruler ban honestly. HAT meta best meta.

Also, this is GX and the core of the HERO deck is blocked off from use until you've maxed out Jaden's affinity (which takes forever because he's really moody in this game for some reason. Main protagonist really hates talking about dueling...)

I do like the pay more for individual cards thing in some of the games though. Its like that in real life too, though Forbidden Memories with its maximum star chip cost for Baby Dragon when you get chips in increments of 1-5 was pretty broken. I think the main reason they stopped doing that code thing in some of the games was to either sell structure decks as DLC or they were trying to balance around the fact that any player with an internet connection has all the cards when they don't necessarily OWN any of the cards.

Wow. This sounds even worse then I thought. Why would you not allow someone to use cards that they want? Even if it's tournament style rules, you're still allowed to use any cards you want.

Messages In This Thread
Madden 11 help - by Jamey Burky - 12-23-2014, 05:11 PM
NCAA 14 Ultimate Team Help - by Jamey Burky - 06-06-2015, 11:43 AM
RE: The Free Gaming Thread v2 : Electric Boogaloo - by gamemaster1991 - 03-16-2016, 10:39 AM