Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)
The Chit Chat Thread: 2 (Electric Boogaloo?)
(08-08-2014, 04:02 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: Since most of this forum either still lives with a parent or still gets gifts from a family member, I want to see if I'm the only person in this situation. My mom and I were talking about things to get the family for Christmas and my sister's birthday, saying that she was the hardest to buy for next to me which I reply "You know what to get me". She comes back with "Your a grown adult. I'm not buying you games, Anime, movies, or figures." So what can I ask for if everything I like is off limits? She is strange because she does not want to fuel our collecting habits, but still asks us what we want. She's a strange one but I always look forward to see what she thinks I want.

Ask for money and get your collectibles yourself. I had to do that for a while with things I wanted. Now my mom can buy me stuff with skulls on it or video game related items.

(08-08-2014, 05:55 PM)TheTrueBoss997 Wrote:
(08-08-2014, 04:02 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: Since most of this forum either still lives with a parent or still gets gifts from a family member, I want to see if I'm the only person in this situation. My mom and I were talking about things to get the family for Christmas and my sister's birthday, saying that she was the hardest to buy for next to me which I reply "You know what to get me". She comes back with "Your a grown adult. I'm not buying you games, Anime, movies, or figures." So what can I ask for if everything I like is off limits? She is strange because she does not want to fuel our collecting habits, but still asks us what we want. She's a strange one but I always look forward to see what she thinks I want.

You know that happens to me a lot. Usually my mom will tell me and my brothers "Family wants to know what you want for Christmas." I usually say games, anime and because some of my family memberz think games and anime are "unhealthy" I'll ask for video game themed clothes because they'll probably get me clothes anyway. But most of the time it doesn't even matter what I say because they'll end up getting stuff I have no interest in, then I'll feel bad because basically they have just wasted their money. This only happens with Christmas though, for my birthday they'll just give me cash and just tell me "Go see a Star Wars."

Ask for money, or receipts for items they do buy you.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Chit Chat Thread: 2 (Electric Boogaloo?) - by Beware of Cuccos - 08-08-2014, 06:47 PM