Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)
The Chit Chat Thread: 2 (Electric Boogaloo?)
(10-22-2014, 09:38 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote: Hey all, some of you know that I work on Parliament Hill in Ottawa, Canada.
At 09h52 this morning I was interpreting a Senate Caucus meeting when we were told to evacuate as quickly as we could.
It turns out a gunman had shot a soldier standing guard at a war memorial nearby and had then proceeded to storm the main entrance of the parliament building, one floor up from our committee room.

After 11 hours of lockdown in a safe-room, we were let out; so I thought I would let you all know that I'm safe and sound ! Unfortunately, whilst evacuating, I forgot my sandwich in the booth :(

News article about it for those who don't know - http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-29724907

I'm glad to hear you made it out in one piece. We really did not need to hear that one of us was killed. The closest thing I've been to that situation was when a tornado hit my high school and I had to hide in the offices brake room, but that was for only an hour or two. I could not imagine being in a safe room hiding from a gunman for 11 hours. High five.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Chit Chat Thread: 2 (Electric Boogaloo?) - by gamemaster1991 - 10-22-2014, 10:29 PM