Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)
The Chit Chat Thread: 2 (Electric Boogaloo?)
(10-22-2014, 09:39 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote: I'm really glad to hear you're OK. That had to have been unbelievably scary. 

I don't think there was much time to be scared. The clerk ran in saying that there had been a shots fired and that we had to run out of the back door. At that point, I didn't even think of taking my possessions with me. My mind just tunneled into the quickest way to the exit. The first wait in the packed utility closet was pretty tense. At that point we knew nothing, how many shooters there were, where they were, etc... We just kind of stayed silent and listened for any noise.
Then after 10-15 minutes, they evacuated us to the East Block where we stayed for the rest of the time.

(10-22-2014, 10:10 PM)Petie Wrote: It's kind of incredible to get a first hand account of something I've been reading about all day. Definitely glad to hear you're okay though. RIP Cpl. Cirillo.
It was definitely incredible being part of it, you never expect that kind of thing to happen to you.
It's very tragic for Cpl. Cirillo. He woke up that morning expecting to have a calm day at the war memorial.

(10-22-2014, 10:29 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: I'm glad to hear you made it out in one piece. We really did not need to hear that one of us was killed. The closest thing I've been to that situation was when a tornado hit my high school and I had to hide in the offices brake room, but that was for only an hour or two. I could not imagine being in a safe room hiding from a gunman for 11 hours. High five.
Well the gunman was quickly despatched. The main reason we stayed so long in lockdown is that they weren't 100% sure that there wasn't another, and the parliament buildings take a looooong time to search.
High five !

(10-22-2014, 11:41 PM)Raiden Blackwood Wrote: I'm happy you are ok, man.
Thanks ! I'm also very happy that it all went well. I have huge respect for the security personnel. They did such an outstanding job keeping us safe.

(10-23-2014, 02:01 AM)JiraiyaSennin Wrote: I'm glad to hear you're okay SERIOUSLY, I can't even imagine how scary that was for you and everyone else involved.

R.I.P.  Cpl Nathan Cirillo
As I said above, not much time to get scared when you're mind has only one objective - get out and find somewhere safe.

(10-23-2014, 06:09 AM)Psychospacecow Wrote: Its good to hear you are safe friend.
Thank you :)

Beware of Cuccos - "Shit dude. I'm so happy to hear [see] your voice."
I'm also happy that my voice continues to resonate !

(10-23-2014, 07:05 AM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: Very glad to know you're safe, SERIOUSLY.  The world is a mess, that's all I can say.
It totally is. To do such a thing is completely messed up...

(10-23-2014, 11:19 AM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: From what I have learned of everyone, I think a few of us have at lest one person that would fill us in. Dazz, Tigerlily, Petie and Shane have each other. You have Raiden and Patrick. Xannidel has his girlfriend (I think). Hexadecimal, CLXcool, and I have at lest one parent that I would like to believe would post something. I don't really know SERIOUSLY as much as I would like to, but I like to believe that he has someone who knows about this place.

Don't worry about me -- I have a folder on my desktop called "Emergency Messages". I've told several people how to access my computer and the folder. On it are a series of messages that are to be posted to various people and various places in case I'm severely injured, in a coma, or killed. It must sound fairly dark, but I like to be able to contact everyone I know to let them know what's up.

So I have a VGFacts.txt which has my login details, instructions on how to create a post in the Real Life sub-forum, and the three potential messages for you folks. Hopefully you never get to read them !

In the folder I also have instructions on how to keep me entertained in case I'm in a coma. It basically says "assume I'm conscious and terribly bored" followed by a suggested timetable on TV shows, films and radio shows I'd like to listen to to pass the day.
Writing all of that gave me chills, but if I'm ever in a coma and conscious, I'd like to have entertainment to keep me going ! 

(10-23-2014, 01:20 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: r.i.p sandwich

you will be missed ;_;7
I KNOW. I was so annoyed that I didn't pick up my bag on the wait out of the committee room. After a while, they secured the kitchens in the East Block and we got some rations. I had half a sandwich, an apple, and a cereal bar (and some potato salad), which wasn't much over 11 hours ! :)

(10-23-2014, 03:37 PM)Berry Wrote: Bummer that things like these happen.

Hopefully you and your fellow compatriots don't get traumatized by this. 
It really is... Things were business as usual in my section, though those who were in lockdown were given the day off.

(10-23-2014, 03:28 PM)Petie Wrote: Saw this posted on reddit today and it seemed like it would be worth sharing here. I think this is a very fitting tribute to Cpl. Cirillo.
Well that brought on some manly tears. Very touching tribute.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Chit Chat Thread: 2 (Electric Boogaloo?) - by SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 10-23-2014, 03:57 PM