Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)
The Chit Chat Thread: 2 (Electric Boogaloo?)
Thanks for the kinds words and tips on the spoiler tags!

(02-17-2015, 06:54 AM)Kakariko Kid Wrote: I was ready to get on my bicycle and ride around town helping on any way I could (although my wife was against it concerned for my safety, but she never said anything to stop me).

That's super awesome of you. Just be super careful!

When Hurricane Ike hit, it was TERRIBLE. It was second only to Katrina. However, because we're Texas, the media and government didn't think it was too important. Everyone hates Texas for some reason.
Anyway, my dad and some of his friends got on some four wheelers and cut down trees that were blocking roads and helped clear debris. They did it without any officials asking them to help, as is a bunch of others.

It hit us late at night. The eye went straight over our house. That is some creepy shit. For those that down now, the eye of the hurricane is the empty spot right in the middle that you see in pictures. Here's how it works- when the eye hits, everything just fucking STOPS. It does NOt slow down first. It doesn't ease itself down. No. ALL winds just STOP. Then everything is dead still. Well, when the other side hits, everything just picks up right where it left off. Literally. The winds come right the fuck back. No easing up to speed. Oh no. They START at however many miles they were when they stopped. Which felt to be about 972624849236 miles per hour. Shit was awesome and terrifying.

Galveston and Kemah, two amazing tourist/vacation spots, were completely destroyed. Did celebrities come out and help us like they did Katrina? No. Was there any other media around other that local like Katrina? No. Did we get any visits from campaigning politicians like Katrina? No. All because we live in Texas? Yes.

We lost power a few hours into the storm. We went without power for 12 days. However, the shopping centers and malls were up within a few days -_- I wonder why? (Hint: $$$$$$$)

Anyway, it's always good to be able to take care of your own. That pretty much all I was saying. Sometimes being sick gets me rambling. Good job, Kid.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Chit Chat Thread: 2 (Electric Boogaloo?) - by Beware of Cuccos - 02-17-2015, 09:01 AM