Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)
The Chit Chat Thread: 2 (Electric Boogaloo?)
(05-26-2015, 02:23 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote:
(05-24-2015, 09:51 PM)Arjahn Wrote: Been working pretty hard at my new job, so I decided to spend eighty-something dollars on Magic the Gathering cards.

I once got called out for asking a guy if he had bought booster packs with that amount of money. Apparently that's sacrilegious or something. Have I offended some MTG cult?

Eh, it depends on how he plays. If he's drafting, which is where you buy a ton of packs in bulk with some buddies and make decks out of cards you randomly pull from those, it's fine. Otherwise in a constructed deck format, i.e. every other game type where you make decks, you're better off just buying the cards you need if they're not crazy expensive. 

Fun fact: Once I pulled a Tarmygoyf, otherwise known as one of the single rarest competitive cards in the game, and sold it back to the store for $60. It is now worth ~$160-$210 and would at least double my collection value, but I needed that shitty $60 headset that broke in a few months man.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Chit Chat Thread: 2 (Electric Boogaloo?) - by Arjahn - 05-26-2015, 03:00 AM