Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)
The Chit Chat Thread: 2 (Electric Boogaloo?)
(05-26-2015, 03:00 AM)Arjahn Wrote:
(05-26-2015, 02:23 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote:
(05-24-2015, 09:51 PM)Arjahn Wrote: Been working pretty hard at my new job, so I decided to spend eighty-something dollars on Magic the Gathering cards.

I once got called out for asking a guy if he had bought booster packs with that amount of money. Apparently that's sacrilegious or something. Have I offended some MTG cult?

Eh, it depends on how he plays. If he's drafting, which is where you buy a ton of packs in bulk with some buddies and make decks out of cards you randomly pull from those, it's fine. Otherwise in a constructed deck format, i.e. every other game type where you make decks, you're better off just buying the cards you need if they're not crazy expensive.

The thing is, he thought I was making fun of him because apparently the only reasonable thing to do, ever, is buy those starter packs that give you some basic set without actually getting into the whole collectible card game part.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Chit Chat Thread: 2 (Electric Boogaloo?) - by Mass Distraction - 05-26-2015, 07:01 AM