Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)
The Chit Chat Thread: 2 (Electric Boogaloo?)
(06-02-2015, 10:18 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote:
(06-02-2015, 09:35 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote: Windows 10 'free' upgrade has popped up on my toolbar.

"Sweet" I think. Then I look online and apparently, the 'free' is only for a year. So what's the bloody point ?
I'm not going to fork out 100-odd dollars for an OS when I've had this one (8) for hardly a year just because it's free for a year.

Any particular reason that could persuade me to go for it ?
A year is a long time, but then I don't want to buy a new OS when 8 is just fine for me, and would seek to revert from 10 to 8.

One of us isn't understanding this correctly then. My impression was that it will be available for upgrade for one year's time, and then if someone desires to upgrade after that fact, they would have to buy it.

Ohhh, I must have misunderstood - so it's free for ever for those who upgrade now ?
If so, sign me up.

My main issue was that were it to have only been free to use for a year, I was worried how easy it would  be to revert.

I love 8, but am a all for upgrading if the reviews are good.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Chit Chat Thread: 2 (Electric Boogaloo?) - by SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 06-03-2015, 06:41 AM