Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)
The Chit Chat Thread: 2 (Electric Boogaloo?)
(08-11-2015, 09:21 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: Don't be scared. Make fear fear you!

Thanks man.

I passed anyhow. Lucked out as well. Long Story here.

So I retook a year because of a lot of things happening in 2012 and 2013 that were just being a dick to meĀ  (seriously my dad had a heart attack and was in hospital for 6 months) along with Physics and Maths being a truck load of hard work tacked onto my ICT and History so of course with my stupidness and the events transpiring I just failed.

Took on an extra year and two more subject. Sociology (lol I didn't even know what it was) and Economics (happy I took) and somehow lucked out and got a BCC which was fine for AS levels. Which was last year.

This year I retook pretty much everything, and each has their own stupid story.

History has always been a cool subject, except during the fist year. You learn about the Civil Rights movement and Vietnam in one course and the fucking benefit and health care system of the 19th century. OUT OF ALL THE FUCKING THINGS YOU COULD LEARN IN THE 19TH CENTURY. THEY GO WITH THAT.

The exam is a literal myth and I failed it the two times I took it because everything was written in English that has been phased out and just not used anymore. The way you answer the questions is a system never before seen in any other test I've ever taken and honestly I just fucking hated it.

I eventually just revised the booklets from front to back and memorised everything, shortened the entire booklet onto a piece of paper and revised that on the bus to the test. The question was thankfully so easy that I got a B. Which is better than an E last year.

As for the other History, the teacher said that specific things should come up about Vietnam and Civil Rights. Turned out that she was wrong and the questions were totally whack. Lucky for me the Vietnam question was about Nixon and I've always found his presidency interesting so I talked about everything from Vietnamization to the Mad Man theory. Everyone said I did the wrong question and I failed but thank fuck I listened to my gut.

Economics is a sad one, but to be honest it's not a big deal. I got a D even though I tried my best. I guess I'm just not cut out for it sadly. I really enjoyed it but I guess I'm just too stupid. Such a shame.

ICT was also luck. I got a C the first year and a C the second year. The teacher told me that they can send in my forms again, the school will pay for it and I'll get them remarked and they'll go up to a B for sure. I was pleased with this and said I'd do it. Fast forward a week after my teacher said this and he's telling me that I haven't fucking done anything. Turned out HE wasn't meant to submit the form I was.

So I panicked, rushed to the retakes office and said if I can get the same "you guys pay for the retake" deal and they said that the teacher will have to look into it. It was the final day so I had no idea if it even went through.

Fast forward to today and it turned out the forms did go through and the teacher did indeed pay for them. Lucky too it got me the B I needed.

Sociology was an eh subject. Pretty much every lesson was just my two friends and I annoying the Sociology teacher because it was funny, as for the exams I seemed to be naturally gifted at bullshitting and ICT and Sociology are the king of bullshitting as far as I can see. I got a B through a lot of revision though.

And that's that. Thanks for all your support uh-(*checks to see who thanks me) Pyscho and Seriously. Nah, but seriously all you guys are great, a lot of you helped me with my Personal Statement and that must've helped too.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Chit Chat Thread: 2 (Electric Boogaloo?) - by retrolinkx - 08-13-2015, 07:41 AM