Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)
The Chit Chat Thread: 2 (Electric Boogaloo?)
(11-07-2015, 03:26 AM)retrolinkx Wrote: So, a couple of weeks back I put the majority of episodes of Twin Peaks on my phone to watch while I take the train to and from London to my university. The ride takes an hour or so which makes it the perfect time to watch it.

I decided that once I finish Twin Peaks I'd put another series on there and decided on Trigun. So I "obtained" the complete Trigun dub and put it on my phone, but for some reason it wouldn't play.

Naturally I assumed it was something to do with video formats, and checked that Trigun was a .mkv, so I went online to convert several of the videos to another format to play on my phone, although I didn't know which one to choose from I was going to make it .mp4 but just to make sure I went and checked what the file format of Twin Peaks was as it played on my phone perfectly.

Turned out Twin Peaks is a .mkv, which makes no sense as to why one set of .mkv files play while other don't.

I'm actually really pissed by this since converting 24 or so episodes to a playable file format could take a day or two and I don't get a lot of time when I come back from uni so I don't want to waste a lot of it converting files and slowing down computers while I do that.

I don't even know anymore, this is just stupid.

For my iPad, I just wang all my mkv files through Freemake Video Converter which, as far as I've seen, gives me perfect quality MP4.
You'd think something as powerful as modern-day tablets and phones would have a teeny-weeny codec in it to play most files, both video and audio.
MKV with XYZ audio ? Fine. MKV with ABC audio ? Nah. Unable to compute.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Chit Chat Thread: 2 (Electric Boogaloo?) - by SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 11-07-2015, 09:12 AM