Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)
The Chit Chat Thread: 2 (Electric Boogaloo?)
Honestly, the question just wanted sound and sight. It wanted it for 70 years but made apparent that "one third is spent sleeping" so I'm assuming it wants me to factor in that into the calculations.

Looking at some stuff online, I've worked out that audio being recorded at a sample rate similar to CD's would be around 261TB of data. Which isn't a bad assumption. I already estimated using other data that it would be 264TB and this was an overestimate. So I think that's right.

As for the video. I must be messing up the calculations again. I think I've got the right idea but something isn't going right.

You only know there is 1 million pixels on the screen, 3 bytes per pixel and the video is recorded in 30fps. And there are two cameras, meaning the result is doubled. You're somehow supposed to come up with how much time 47 years would take up.

I'm getting around 16283TB's. So I already know that's wrong.

If anyone could help me out here, I'd be really grateful. It's already 4am.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Chit Chat Thread: 2 (Electric Boogaloo?) - by retrolinkx - 03-08-2016, 10:58 PM