Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)
The Chit Chat Thread: 2 (Electric Boogaloo?)
Whelp...I interview for a new job in about 12 hours. I stand to actually make significantly less money with this job, even though it pays 25 cents an hour more. But that reason is because I will be working significantly less. I will no longer be on call 128 hours a week, without pay, I will no longer have to wait for my habitually late relief to show up almost every day unpaid, and I will be able to put in a resignation letter that will all but doom my employer at my post.

I generally don't try to get my hopes up in these cases, but when I mentioned my interest in the position the manager scheduled me for an interview before I'd finished my application. That's got to be a good sign.
Of course I still remember when I interview a Journeyman Platemaker job several years back when I worked for the local newspaper and after meeting the guy who got the job I wound up riding the elevator up with the recruiter from HR. In her nervousness at being trapped on an elevator with me she admitted that I was the more qualified candidate, but since I was sub-contracted and the 2nd-most qualified candidate was already an employee of the paper in a different department it was just easier for them to hire him for it. Less paperwork to transfer a current employee than it was to hire a new employee. So I know there's no such thing as a sure-fire job.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Chit Chat Thread: 2 (Electric Boogaloo?) - by SamuraiGaiden - 05-26-2016, 01:24 AM