Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 22 Guest(s)
The Chit Chat Thread: 2 (Electric Boogaloo?)
New years was crazy here....
I helped a friend sell empanadas out of his house, without asking anything about what the typical New Years is like here before. I was in for a shock, to say the least.
First, I thought the city was going to burn down. Turns out the custom here is to build as many giant dolls out of old clothes and hay as possible, then douse them in gasoline, throw a match and run like hell at midnight. Even this morning, every street had ashes and burn marks all over the place.
Then, the dress was interesting. It's not enough to just set things on fire for new years, oh no. Everyone had to wear the wackiest things possible, from grotesque masks to a very large number of cross dressers. On that note, it's AMAZING to see guys in mini skirts and heels trying to run from fires quickly.
We sold plenty of empanadas and hot cups of coffee, mostly due the guys in mini skirts trying to deal with the cold as it was below freezing outside last night.

I'm not sure if that qualifies as success or just strangeness.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Chit Chat Thread: 2 (Electric Boogaloo?) - by CosmykTheDolfyn - 01-01-2017, 10:12 PM