Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Obscure title you are in love with.
Monkey Puncher.

A game starring Kenta who is strong and can go to school, and his sister Sumire who is better than boys! They lost their mother and lived with their father who was a monkey trainer, one day the latter was kidnapped by the evil Saru corporation and Saru tried to use Mind control to make the father join them as they owned the Monkey Puncher Organisation and the only way to save them is to train a monkey and fight them at the Monkey 1 Grand Prix Tournament.

Once Kenta starts out he thinks to himself "How am I going to train a monkey I do not have" and at that moment a weird hobo wizard walks in by the name of Fred and gives him a monkey called Freddy!

I used to play this game tons back as a kid since we didn't have a lot of GB games besides Pokémon and Mario, so anything different was a change but holy hell, even back then I knew this game was badly translated and just terribly hilarious. But I still love it. I remember you could send the monkey to the store with a list, and he'd come back with the exact things you wanted and you could scold it for no apparent reason other than to have a laugh.

I could never beat the first monkey since training was a literal myth and half way through the fighting both the monkies would lose stamina halfway through and just stand there like fat out of breath monkeys taking swings at each other a minute, until my monkey lost.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Obscure title you are in love with. - by retrolinkx - 07-23-2015, 11:11 AM