Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Those amazing games no one knows about.
(06-26-2013, 08:32 PM)God Wrote: Yu-Gi-Oh Forbidden Memories for the original Playstation.

I was crazy into Yu-Gi-Oh back in the day, so having a proper console title just about blew my mind. Gameplay keeps even people who didn't play the card game/watch the cartoon interested by introducing a fusion mechanic you could implement without the need for the polymerization. Only real problem with the game is that is was so damn hard!

You could only obtain more powerful cards by beating NPCs in Free Duel mode and hope that after a 5-10 minute battle your efforts would be rewarded. Unfortunately, 99% of the time this wasn't the case. You'd have to battle the same NPC dozens and dozens of times before they'd give you a single good card (and one good card does not a deck make). Eventually you'd have to suffer through the worst grinding experience I've ever encountered just to beat one duelist back in Story Mode.

I remember that, was really fun against my brother. Worst part was, if you typed in the code for a card that was well known, like say, Summoned Skull, or Blue-eyes, it cost literally the maximum amount of star points possible (I think it was 99999999).(you could get a maximum of 5 star points per duel) Trick was knowing Jirai Gumo's code. It only cost 80 star points.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Those amazing games no one knows about. - by Psychospacecow - 06-26-2013, 08:45 PM