Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Those amazing games no one knows about.
(10-22-2013, 12:18 PM)Gallego13 Wrote: I don't know if this game is really "unknown" in the US, but I'll go and say Xenogears, probably the best written and perfectly crafted RPG of all time (for me at least). It's a pity that we didn't get it localized in Europe, not even when it was released on PSN, that's why I say it's a hidden gem.
Anyone there who shares my ideas?

I'm mostly going off of my own limited knowledge but I'd say at least a great cult following and at most it is generally known here in the US. One of my brother's friends had a copy and let me play it for a while plus had a strategy guide with it which helped cause for an rpg it had a lot of little things you had to do to keep things moving. Reminds me of Chrono Cross, just doing something different or finding one character here makes you unable to get a different character elsewhere.

I do also know that without that game, Xenosaga wouldn't have come about which is on my list of favorite rpgs to play. The game is not related storywise, but it is described as a "spiritual successor" to Xenogears. Made by the same person who made Xenogears in fact, Tetsuya Takahashi.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Those amazing games no one knows about. - by GameWizard001 - 10-22-2013, 02:02 PM