Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
What has defined the 10's so far?
Another thing that has defined the 2010's was all of the advancements on space travel, including (but not limited to) reusable rockets, as in, rockets that can actually be launched to space and then return/land on earth.

Another thing that I believe has defined the 2010's (at least when it comes to Anime) is JoJo's Bizarre Adventure becoming "mainstream" in most of the west (it was already popular in Italy and France), mostly thanks to the new 2012 anime made by David Production, although I believe the All Stars Battle game also had some influence on this. Before the Anime and ASB game, JoJo was obscure as hell in the Americas and 98% of Europe. Only hardcore manga hipsters and the five people who watched the OVAs knew about JoJo's existence...

And before anyone decides to bring that up... NO. Knowing about JoJo's existence because of the 1998 Capcom 2D fighter and then living all of your life believing that JoJo's was a Capcom IP instead of a licensed game does NOT count! And yes, this was sadly something common back in the day. This reached a point in which you could actually see people asking for DIO and Jotaro to be included in Marvel vs Capcom 3. LMFAO!!

Just to recap, the only WESTERN demographics who knew about JoJo's Bizarre Adventure before the year 2012, those who knew what JoJo actually is (here's a hint: is not a Capcom IP, but rather a manga series that at the time of writing it's three-decades old) were: hardcore manga hipsters, a handful of folks who bought the 90s OVAs either legally or on a flea market (AKA people whose first exposure to the series were the OVAs), the French, and the Italians. At first this may sound like a lot of people, but trust me, it is not.

Now, some of you may argue that this overlaps with the crapton of re-adaptantions/retellings that Kakariko already mentioned a page ago but look at it from this perspective: the only story arcs of the JoJo series that got adapted into Anime before the year 2012 were Part 3 (the OVAs by Studio APPP) and Part 1 (the movie that seemingly everyone in Japan hated, also made by APPP), in that order. So no, not all of the new Anime is about adapting the same story again. All of the other parts in the series did not receive an animated adaptation before.

EDIT: I know what some people reading this might be thinking... "oh, I am French/Italian yet I never heard of JoJo's until recently. Therefore, that means JoJo's wasn't popular in my country back then"

>"my knowledge is the only one that matters. If I don't know something, then no one does!"

You see that? That's how stupid you sound.

Just because YOU (and your small group of friends) didn't knew about a specific subject doesn't mean that said subject is unpopular. Ignorance is not a valid argument.

Messages In This Thread
What has defined the 10's so far? - by retrolinkx - 03-21-2015, 06:19 PM
RE: What has defined the 10's so far? - by Berry - 03-21-2015, 08:05 PM
RE: What has defined the 10's so far? - by Berry - 03-21-2015, 08:33 PM
RE: What has defined the 10's so far? - by Arjahn - 03-23-2015, 05:54 PM
RE: What has defined the 10's so far? - by Kosheh - 03-30-2015, 08:53 PM
RE: What has defined the 10's so far? - by ZpaceJ0ck0 - 11-06-2018, 08:23 PM