Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poll: Favorite Console Of Sixth Generation
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Gamecube
47.06%
16 47.06%
Playstation 2
38.24%
13 38.24%
Dreamcast
8.82%
3 8.82%
Xbox
5.88%
2 5.88%
Total 34 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Favorite console of the sixth generation
I really love the Dreamcast. For what it represents as sega's final swan song, it's small but rock solid library full of innovation and the first time that affordable, arcade perfect-or-better gaming came home... and how it was trying to be forward thinking with the internet and windows-based hardware design... and the memories of going online with it and meeting friends that I still have.

...but the PS2 played PS1 games, PS2 games and DVDs, which means it was just a better thing to have next to my TV. The PS1 library is ridiculously classic that would be a tl;dr list and just in the PS2's own library you've FFX & FFXII, FFXI with the HDD, Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, RE4 port, Okami, God of War 1 & 2, GTAIII Vice City & San Andreas, MGS2 & 3, Disgaea 1 & 2, Xenosaga 1-3, Dragon Quest VIII, Bully, Ratchet & Cank series, Jak & Dexter series, Persona 3 & 4, Klonoa 2, Devil May Cry 1 & 3, Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2, Rogue Galaxy, Odin Sphere, Grim Grimoire, Shining Force EXA, Puzzle Quest... even classic Guitar Hero memories for the 6 months I enjoyed that game before everyone ruined it.

There's more, but I don't wanna grasp for straws and that was way enough for me.

I got a Gamecube when they were cheap and used, but barely got to enjoy it before losing it, but I bought plenty of great games for it with the intention of enjoying. The GBA add-on was awesome too.

Xbox only mattered to me at all because my cousin had one and Halo & Ninja Gaiden were awesome.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Favorite console of the sixth generation - by 2D Brain - 03-24-2013, 02:39 AM