Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The moment you really fell in love with a game.
For Valkyria Chronicles (which I'm currently playing through), it would have to be when I came across a bunch of its concept art. http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/Products/...t_art.html Love at first sight.(Would you recommend Skies of Arcadia? I know that 3 of Valkyria Chronicles's character come from it.)

For Bastion, it was when I first set out into the unknown world, and heard the old man's voice. I just had good reason to keep going, find out what happened, maybe undo it.

I really fell in love with Dragon Ball Xenoverse. It reminds me a lot of the Tenkaichi games, but its modern, online, a lot more intuitive, and gives you something to really strive for.

That being said, The Tenkaichi games. They were like the Budokai games (which I later found out aren't actually affiliated apart from the brand, but hey they had Budokai in the title) but in a 3D environment. They played awesome, the battles were intuitive. The rosters are ridiculous, even to this day.

Also since I mentioned it, The Budokai series. You know, I'm starting to think I only really like DBZ for nostalgia and the games... Its just a solid fighting game.

Fallout: New Vegas. I really liked Fallout 3. I did two playthroughs of it, both a good and a bad as is standard for something like that. I was really excited when Fallout: New Vegas was announced. Mods weren't even a factor since this was on Xbox 360 for me at the time. You just walk out into the open world with nothing but a note of who you are, a gun in your hand, and a kind town that needs your help, and it all just gets bigger from there. Really, the biggest disappointment in New Vegas is ironically New Vegas. Everything is so grand scheme, but Vegas is just so tiny. Its the main city in the entire region, and its small, concise, only relevant for the characters in it, not for itself. Mind you, I've played through this game so many times that I've lost count.

Far Cry 3. Big open world, good gun play, tigers, jungle. Annoying protagonist.

Pay Day 2. I won the first one in a giveaway and enjoyed it enough to snag the second when it was on discount. Great game with fun characters and crazy scenarios. I'd recommend it, but the constant dlc kind of burned me out before I got to lvl. 50. Enjoyed my time though.

Civilization series. I like grand scale historical stuff. I got that. Exception is Beyond Earth.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown. This game hates you. It wants you to fail, to die, to stumble and falter and cringe and keel over, but it doesn't want you to stop. You don't want to either. The tutorial is a great hook, and the sense of saving the world is great.

Kingdom Hearts 2 - I watched my brother play Kingdom Hearts 1, never really played it myself. Hopped on this when I could.

Destroy All Humans 2. Only one I've played admittedly, but I found this game hilarious and it was great for stupid killing sprees. Its still funny, because I got the game maybe a month before they had to put M labels on it instead of T.

Star Wars Battlefront 2 - We had one of the demo discs with the first game on it. See KH2.

Soul Calibur and Tekken. Man, I suck at these games. I love the art and fighting games are great fun, but I suck at these games. My first Tekken was 3, my first Soul was 3. I guess its just my number.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The moment you really fell in love with a game. - by Psychospacecow - 05-02-2015, 09:51 PM