Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The moment you really fell in love with a game.
I have a lot of games I could go through, but for now I'll just go over some of my favorites.

Dot Hack GU: This 3 part game series is my favorite game of all, but when I got to the end of the first game, I was into it that I played through it again just to see it twice. It had an improved battle system, better characters and visuals, and when I saw the end, I knew something incredible was happening and I had to make sure I got everything out of that game.

Dark Cloud series: When I realized I could build the world I traveled in however I wanted to, I was ecstatic and became so enveloped in the idea of playing through a game I had, in a way, help make. It was also my first action RPG on the PS2 and I loved how it felt to beat monsters with the weapons I had built.

Ratchet and Clank series: For this series it didn't really happen until the near the end of the first game, when I actually felt sorry for Clank at one point, and I realized I actually cared more about the characters I was playing as then I had thought.

Jak series: This one came super quick. I loved the idea of seeing a game not unlock crash that looked that good, and music made the levels come alive for me in a way I hadn't experienced since Chrono Trigger. The second game helped a lot as I really liked the new characters and added drama of the game. The stakes felt so much higher even though they really weren't and it was just so much fun to mess with all the new stuff.

Persona series: Honestly, this one was also pretty quick. I got into it just this last November and only started playing it's games seriously this year, but the music, the characters, the settings, everything was perfect. I could probably go on for hours about what has made me like the games so much, but suffice it to say, a lot of it has to do with having seen a bit of gameplay before buying any of the games and thinking how much I wanted to play what I was watching.

Sly Cooper series: This was a game that was always just about fun for me until near the very end when you have to save Carmelita from a trap set to kill her. Using all of your skills that you had acquired up until that point to get to her was just fun and felt great. I think that was the first time I really felt like a bad ass in a game.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The moment you really fell in love with a game. - by RepentantSky - 05-03-2015, 02:31 AM