Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The moment you really fell in love with a game.
I'll just name the few that come to my mind right now.

Epic Mickey- Yeah, there were other Mickey mouse games(some of them good, some of them bad like every other game) but what really made me love this game a lot was the fact that the people behind this game loved Disney. Warren Spector even admitted being a fan of the golden age of Disney and was a fan of the days of Walt Disney. Every aspect of this game has a nod to the golden age of Disney. Whats makes this even more awesome for a game is that it reintroduced Oswald the lucky rabbit for the first time in a video game from Disney(I knew about Oswald before Epic Mickey, but it was cool that oswald got a chance to come back into the light). Its  a shame Disney had to shoot themselves in the foot when it came to the sequel, I would have loved a part 3 with Pete being the bad guy for this purposed title(since some of the early mickey mouse cartoons had Pete had the bad guy). 

Bioshock- While First Person Shooter games aren't my usual cup of tea. Bioshock was a completely different experience for me for the first person shooter genre. It gave me a choice of being good or evil and it had a story that made me interested. It wasn't a genetic shooter game where you just had to run around and shoot the hell out of things. Not to mention the fact that this game uses/reintroduces old music from the past for the game's atmosphere. If you look at the art on the development for this game, they were heavily influenced by art deco for the game's buildings. Including vintage things in particular for this game's timeline that it takes place in. I cannot comment about the other two games on having the same love as the first one(second haven't played, Infinite left me with a weird taste in my mouth that made me think it was supposed to be something else instead of being reworked into a Bioshock title).

Sly Cooper- A game that felt like I was watching a cartoon, but had me playing on an adventure. A thief being a good guy(thats a twist). I really need to catch up on the series. 

Ducktales remastered- Similar to Epic Mickey. Wayforward is filled with fans of people who grew up with Ducktales. Not only did they manage to succeed to making this an awesome remake of the NES game. Bonus points that they went through and got Disney artists who worked on the original show to help take part of the development of the game. Even going through to give the game voice acting to make it 'feel' like your watching an episode of Ducktales. Wayforward handled this game with care. I do hope that they can make Darkwing Duck, or even a sequel to Remastered based off of the second Ducktales game for the NES.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The moment you really fell in love with a game. - by CLXcool - 05-03-2015, 10:15 PM