Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poll: Which Final Fantasy Are you most looking forward to?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Final Fantasy Explorers (3DS)
0%
0 0%
World of Final Fantasy (PS4, PS Vita)
22.22%
2 22.22%
Final Fantasy XV (PS4, Xbox One)
22.22%
2 22.22%
Final Fantasy 7 Remake (PS4 First)
11.11%
1 11.11%
I don't care about the FF games! Give me another RPG
44.44%
4 44.44%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Poll: Which Final Fantasy are you most anticipating?
(06-17-2015, 10:43 PM)CLXcool Wrote: I would be less harsh on Sqaure  a whole lot if they did something else besides Final Fantasy. Like doing something new with Super Mario RPG, Nintendo will love to do it, you just gotta give the approval Square.

Just Cause
Tomb Raider
Kingdom Hearts
Dragon Quest
Hitman
Deus Ex
Nier
Star Ocean
Project Setsuna
The fact that they could give a press conference as a 3rd party company is telling enough that they're doing plenty.
Besides, there's not enough incentive to revive a two decade old title with so much inevitable legal discussion in regards to rights, profit, distribution, development, etc. when 1. Nintendo is already creating its own line of mario based rpgs, and 2. the team you'd be hoping to work on that game again simply aren't there to the same capacity. Either they don't work for the company, or they're in a very different position from 20 years ago. Its just not worth the effort and it would never be the same, two decades, cultural change, expectations of the series as a whole, and what I've listed above not withstanding.

Eidos, Square, and Enix are very different now.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Poll: Which Final Fantasy are you most anticipating? - by Psychospacecow - 06-18-2015, 01:20 AM