Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poll: Which Final Fantasy Are you most looking forward to?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Final Fantasy Explorers (3DS)
0%
0 0%
World of Final Fantasy (PS4, PS Vita)
22.22%
2 22.22%
Final Fantasy XV (PS4, Xbox One)
22.22%
2 22.22%
Final Fantasy 7 Remake (PS4 First)
11.11%
1 11.11%
I don't care about the FF games! Give me another RPG
44.44%
4 44.44%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Poll: Which Final Fantasy are you most anticipating?
(06-18-2015, 01:52 PM)CLXcool Wrote: Psycho, I know that it ain't gonna happen, but can a guy dream that it will happen? Honestly. Square has other IPS for their RPGs that they could work with. Like Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, and Secret of Evermore. Surely there are people who would like to see these games return. I know I'd like to see a new Chrono game for the 3DS.

They tried that with Chrono. They ported Trigger with all the features, a little bit more, and some nice DS interface to test the waters. Game did terribly.

Its a nice pipe dream, but these series leave such a legacy and expectation that its much safer to simply let them rest, to be their own legend, and to push their legacy into other titles.

Think of Bravely Default. Not all games do well with sequels. An rpg is there is tell its story. Once that has happened, its served its purpose. Its time to move on. That is why there were so many different titles back in the ps1 era. Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross (which though related is considered a different series), etc. etc. etc.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Poll: Which Final Fantasy are you most anticipating? - by Psychospacecow - 06-18-2015, 02:45 PM