Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Games you vitally remember from your childhood?
This list could go on and on since I have been playing games for a long time but basically before September 2000 (when I got the Dreamcast and moved on to be a teenager):
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Sonic 2 (this and the original I played the most on the Mega Drive, one time I got up to Metropolis Zone after 10pm at night and when you are 8/9 years old it isn't a good thing)
- Sonic 3 (got to Marble Garden and not much further, didn't really like it as much as the first two and might have been my first game that I got with my small pocket money)
- Sonic & Knuckles (got to Flying Battery Act 1 Boss and never beaten it, same reason as Sonic 3)
- Sonic Triple Trouble (or Sonic & Tails 2 [title screen]/ Sonic 4 [pirate multicart menu]) This was my go to game on the Game Gear
- The Lucky Dime Caper (the other go to Game Gear game)
- Fight I meant... Mortal Kombat II
- Streets of Rage
- The Revenge of Shinobi
- Super Mario Land
- Super Mario Land 2 (played this quite a lot and completed it a couple of times)
- Super Mario Bros. Deluxe (I remember playing this one summer before I moved away to the flat where I live now, well for the last 13 years)
- Super Mario 64 (came with the N64)
- F1 World Grand Prix (it was my older brother's copy that later on ended up mine, I sneakily played it while he was out since he doesn't like me)
- Rage Racer (ditto)
- Rogue Squadron (ditto but he sold it I think and later got it from a car boot sale I think)
- Lylat Wars/Star Fox 64 (ditto)
- Zelda: Ocarina of Time (ditto but got the version that was included in Wind Waker instead)
- Donkey Kong 64 (just about, it was expensive like most N64 games)
- Donkey Kong Country GBC (might count)
- LEGO Racers
- Castle of Illusion
- Desert Strike
- Taz: Escape from Mars
- Bugs Bunny: Lost in Time (I played this game quite a lot to the point where the disc got heavily scratched)
- Driver
- Tekken 3 (also played Tekken 2 that was my brother's but he sold it)
- Cruis'n USA (remember playing it in an arcade in Lanzarote and completing it, later got the N64 port)
- GoldenEye
- Banjo-Kazooie
- Super Smash Bros. (that was delayed)
- Crash Bandicoot 2 (my first PS1 game and nearly completed it back then)
- Gran Turismo (that was a birthday present since the game was really hyped up at the time, played it a lot but hated the license tests)
- Gran Turismo 2 (just about)
- Grand Theft Auto (yes, I played it when I was 10 years old and didn't find it to be that "super violent" game that was publicised at the time)
- GTA London (ditto)
- TOCA Touring Car Championship
- Time Crisis (both arcade and console)
- Point Blank (ditto)
- Street Fighter Collection (Super Street Fighter II/Turbo/Alpha 2 Gold)
- Ridge Racer Type 4
- Metal Gear Solid
- Soul Blade
- Sonic Spinball
- Pokemon Blue (this was back in the day before something bad happened and when everyone played Pokemon)
- Pokemon Pinball (my first import game since it was delayed in Europe)
- Micro Machines 96 (remember making some tracks using the track editor)
- Micro Machines V3
- Ape Escape (even though it was rented)
- V-Rally 2 (ditto)
- Crash Bandicoot 3 (ditto)

Some arcade games I faintly remember playing, most of it was in Spain or Gran Canaria (where it was 100 [cien] pesetas per game, about 30p):
- Sega Rally
- Sega Rally 2 (got the Dreamcast version later)
- Time Crisis 2 (since it took a while to be remade on the PS2)
- Operation Wolf (once)
- OutRunners
- Scud Race
- Virtua Cop
- Daytona USA
- Daytona 2: Battle on the Edge
- Panic Park (only once but I remember the setup)
- Silent Scope (just about)
- Silent Scope 2 (squeezing it, did get the PS2 version later)
- Star Wars Trilogy (I played this in a seaside arcade but later on played in Spain every time I went to the arcade until it was removed recently and is one of the few games I wished it is ported to a console)

I also remember some of the games that I played but took them back or traded:
- Ridge Racer Revolution (too hard)
- V-Rally (Platinum version, ditto)
- Mission Impossible (Game Boy Color version, it wasn't very good)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Games you vitally remember from your childhood? - by Yawackhary - 04-05-2013, 02:17 PM