Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)
The Free Gaming Thread v3: Check Out Cosmyk's Mustache
(08-15-2016, 11:19 AM)retrolinkx Wrote: Started playing Okami recently.

It had a really slow and boring start. It took 20 minutes for the game to start and I mean that. Slow intro, followed by slow in game cutscene, followed by cutscene after cutscene until I get to the first area.

After playing for a bit I can see this was sort of the original idea for the gameplay of the Wonderful 101.

I'm enjoying it so far, it's making some sense and the small comedic parts of the game give it a feeling of watching an early morning cartoon about a wolf trying to save the day and having to deal with stereotypical people around them.

I never finished it myself, but I was really wowed by how pretty it was and the calligraphy gimmick was actually tons of fun.

I thought I had my chance to finally play it all the way through with the Wii re-release, especially since the Wiimote seemed made for a game like that, but the controls were horrid. You had to swing it in a very specific way in order to get it to work.

But yeah... Once you get going you have such a large and amazing world to explore and the characters you meet all have pretty big personalities.

...Oddly enough I think I got further in Okamiden before dropping that as well ><

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Free Gaming Thread v3: Check Out Cosmyk's Mustache - by Hexadecimal - 08-15-2016, 02:28 PM