Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)
The Free Gaming Thread v3: Check Out Cosmyk's Mustache
(10-12-2016, 05:45 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: So I found out the other day that Metroid Zero Mission has the original Metroid on it that unlocks when you get any ending. I decided that I would try to beat it since I fairly enjoyed Metroid II. Man... this game has not aged well. It's stupid hard just because it doesn't want to give you your full health back when you restart the game. You start with 30 Health every time, even if you have all the Energy Tanks. It's also kinda boring, even not rushing to get the best ending, it was just not fun to get through the game. All the other games I put down and wanted to pick them up soon after. The orignal I put down for a few days before feeling like continuing.

This is why I like and at the same time hate playing these games late. I can play these classics that people loved and hold dear and see how they hold up. I just feel like I would have loved this game if I played it back when I was a kid. At lest the other games are fun to play.

The sad thing is, that's truly a game that has aged like milk in terms of it's....idea.

Imagine you're a kid in the 80's, and you get this MASSIVE game. You'd get out a pen and paper and start drawing a map out as you progress, you'd play the game again and again to know exactly where things where, you'd explore this massive area alone in the dark, you'd probably play the game into the night as well.

The game was so huge for the time, that it's honestly amazing to look back and think about it with that mindset. Same with Zelda, drawing a map as you progress sounds really fun if I had the time to do it, and would extend the gameplay because you'd really want to find everything and do everything you can.

These days, we don't have time to make maps when you can find it all online. We don't have time for the origins of the metroid gameplay when Super Metroid/Fusion perfected it and Prime evolved from it. It's just a mindset and game from the past that you sadly can't emulate today, and no that's not a pun.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Free Gaming Thread v3: Check Out Cosmyk's Mustache - by retrolinkx - 10-13-2016, 04:22 PM