Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 19 Guest(s)
The Free Gaming Thread v3: Check Out Cosmyk's Mustache
(10-13-2016, 06:34 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: I should say that I don't hate the game itself, I just hate the execution. The game is made to look around and find everything. You can go anywhere you want but you need certain items to beat the game. The atmosphere is one of loneliness but at the same time, one where you know you don't need anyone. With out this game, we may not have had Cave Story, Guacamelee!, and number of Castlevania games, among others. I would have loved to have been a kid in the 80's playing this game and making my own maps to find the fastest way to beat the game to see Zero Suit Samus.

My problem is that I played Zero Mission first, and because of that, I see all the improvements that were made. There's backgrounds instead of a black void, which brings across the alien planet feel instead of just being in a dark cave. I know more about the story despite not having the manual. Even though it makes it more linear, but it makes me look and admire the game more. The power ups make me feel powerful insted of making me feel power less as I grind health every time I power on the game. It's a better game in every way IMO

If you like this game, perfectly fine. Don't let me stop you. I just think that the first game has flaws, just like Megaman, Mario, Zelda, Sonic, and many others. They aren't bad games, but they were used as blueprints to work off of to make better games. When you hear favorites in a series, you most likely will hear Megaman 2, Super Mario Bros 3 (or World), A Link to the Past, Sonic 2, and Super Metroid. Hell, I like Metroid II, but it hasn't aged the best either. It used what didn't work in the first game and improved (adding an idea of where you're going and giving you save points).

No, no. I agree with you. I was just saying that it's a game with a mindset of the past, that you can't really have today. Anyone who plays it right off the bat wouldn't like it for those exact reasons.

I played the original Metroid when I was a kid on the GBA. I had played half an hour of Fusion, Prime and Prime 2. Even when I attempted to play the original to the best of my ability it just wasn't fun and was a chore to play. Even when I got the game as a 3DS Ambassador gift, I only got halfway with a map I downloaded myself.

The game is by no means bad, but it's like a very old rifle. Sure it works, sure it's the reason we have other types of weapons today, but I'd rather take an AR-15 over something like a Springfield Rifle from the 1850's.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Free Gaming Thread v3: Check Out Cosmyk's Mustache - by retrolinkx - 10-14-2016, 11:10 AM