Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 19 Guest(s)
The Free Gaming Thread v3: Check Out Cosmyk's Mustache
After finishing The Witcher 1 yesterday and starting The Witcher 2 today, I can say there is a massive improvement over everything.

The game feels fun, has more to do already, looks beautiful and I'm enjoying it a lot more than The Witcher.

My advice for anyone who wants to get into this series is to try and see if you can withstand Chapters 1 and 2 of the Witcher (which could take around 5-15 hours) and by Chapter 3 if you're not enjoying it, stop playing. You've already met all the important characters who appear in the later games, with the exception of maybe one. However, if you think you may enjoy it, blitz through Chapter 3 and get to 4. Chapter 4, 5 and the Epilogue are the only really good bits of the game.

The Witcher 2 feels more like a game, and should've really been the first. It begins the over-arcing story that we see in The Witcher 3. The Witcher 1 is just an introduction to the world, characters and lore. If anything, you're better off reading a synopsis of it online.

Now obviously, if you're like me and you're a stubborn SOB who wants to play as much video games as possible, then play The Witcher even if you don't enjoy it. The Witcher 2 builds off it of course. You'll probably enjoy the 2nd if you know what they're talking about from the 1st.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Free Gaming Thread v3: Check Out Cosmyk's Mustache - by retrolinkx - 12-26-2016, 03:03 PM