Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 20 Guest(s)
The Free Gaming Thread v3: Check Out Cosmyk's Mustache
For a few years now I've had a game called "Yu-No" in my favourites on Youtube for a while. It was just a segment of the OST that sounded really cool and because of that I really wanted to play it to find out what it was.

When I did do some research (I think it was 2014 at this point) I found out it was getting a remake, and held off on playing it to wait for the remake. Well 3 years later and I've completely forgotten about the remake and never really cared about it one way or the other, I decided on giving it a go after finding a English translation.

The game immediately started up with some nudity and then went onto a panty shot from below, I don't expect much from VN's so this didn't come to me as much of a shock. What did come to me as a shock is the main characters.

I'm somehow relating to this kid, like in every dumb aspect of his life. For example, when he enters his house for the first time in game, I noticed his TV was widescreen and started to think it was a bit stupid to have one back in the 90's, TV's where in 4:3. When you select the TV to look at THIS IS THE FIRST THING THE KID SAYS AS WELL, another example would be how he's always going on about how he loves the architecture of the surrounding area which I can relate to. He has an affinity for history and dislikes pretentious art.

The kid even has a goofy and confident sense of humor. A lot of the actions you can select but not necessarily do (since the kid will just stop you from doing so, leading me to believe that the kid is directly talking to me, the player) in the game are really funny as well, ranging from moving out of an area by going under a girls skirt, and having an option of eating food or my step-mother.

I'm enjoying the game so far, but it's hardly got into the main story yet. Can't really say much for it, but give the OST a listen at least, it's really cool.

Still not 100% sure what the game is about which is what I kinda like. I know it's about going back in time, but beyond that is a mystery to me. I'm hoping it's really good though, as right now it's a charming game that has a cool soundtrack and aesthetic but beyond that it could be an average VN.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Free Gaming Thread v3: Check Out Cosmyk's Mustache - by retrolinkx - 06-24-2017, 02:14 PM