Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 22 Guest(s)
The Free Gaming Thread v3: Check Out Cosmyk's Mustache
So, I was on my fifth playthrough of Yu-No (I talked about it before, it's a VN) and got stuck on a puzzle for an hour. I had a lot of fun working it out though had a pen and paper (well, a pencil and my literal desk)

The route I was taking had it that a girl went missing and you had to find her, you go to a shrine and discover a secret entrance that she must've taken. As you follow the path you come across a Sarcophagus and several dead bodies. As you check one of the bodies you discover a small laptop and a notebook. Reading the notebook tells you how the person died and how to escape, and it involves solving this puzzle.

[Image: puzzle.png]

It tells you in a very convoluted way how to solve it, and the laptop is used to keep notes. The main idea is that each of the signs represent a number of some sort (from 2-7) and the additional icons above the signs mean that you need to put a space between the last button you pressed and the one you pressed now.

So I looked for a pen and paper, but came up empty and just started writing it on my desk.

No seriously.

[Image: IMAG0153.jpg]

So you're supposed to make sure that you get everything in the right order and spot. It took an hour mostly due to figuring out where to start, and then figuring out you're meant to have it symmetrically. Each of those took 30 minutes. If you haven't noticed, the place I've put 252 and 17 needed to be sorted out first, otherwise you'd interfere with the other numbers later on. That took a while to work out, and then I worked out it needed to be symmetrical after the first attempt failed, but it started to take shape.

Here's the actual solution for anyone who cares.

But yeah, this post was just to say that I miss old puzzles in video games. I enjoyed doing them in Silent Hill, and kinda miss taking out a pen/paper to do them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Free Gaming Thread v3: Check Out Cosmyk's Mustache - by retrolinkx - 08-19-2017, 11:30 AM