Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 20 Guest(s)
The Free Gaming Thread v3: Check Out Cosmyk's Mustache
Holy shit, Ristar is a fucking difficult game. So, the main gameplay is to propel Ristar around with his long elastic arms. He'll grab something and pull back, let go and be flung towards something. Enemies will also fly around the screen if you attack them and there are also some ledges and ladders you'll have to grab onto throughout the game, sounds easy right?

The first stage was pretty simple, it was just some acrobatics that needed perfect timing. I died a few times due to me being a bit silly but overall it was fine.

The boss wasn't that difficult either, it was just good timings on hits.

The second stage was an annoyance due to it being underwater, so grabbing things was difficult since you'd move slightly in the direction of your grab, so I'd get hit from something annoying.

But oh man, the third stage was absolute hell. You basically need to be PERFECT at hitting diagonal grabs which required you to press Right/Up or Left/Up at the same time and if you press Right or Left you move in that direction. To add insult to injury the devs decided to put the bars/objects you need to grab around spike pits. So it's either get really good at diagonal grabbing or lose health, and oh man did I lose health. I'm not even sure if the Mega Drive supported directional input without moving the character left/right.

I mean just look at all the stuff I gotta avoid and get the diagonal jumps on point for.

The game does grant you 25 lives though and there are 6 stages from what I can tell. I'm currently on Stage 4 which is probably the worst stage yet int terms of these spike pits, and I've only got 10 lives left. The game is good, but damn is it hard as fuck.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Free Gaming Thread v3: Check Out Cosmyk's Mustache - by retrolinkx - 08-28-2017, 09:24 AM