Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 26 Guest(s)
The Free Gaming Thread v3: Check Out Cosmyk's Mustache
So I finished Mario + Rabbid's.

It was a surprisingly good game, but felt very 'basic'. This isn't bad since it's the first game like this for Mario, and probably the gameplay is something Ubisoft hasn't done before. By basic I mean it felt like it was lacking random bits of gameplay here and there, such as showing the EXACT movement and range for every enemy like Fire Emblem does, and having a confirm button for your movements (the amount of times I've fucked up a battle by moving Mario/Luigi one space off the square I wanted to go). These don't hurt the game to the point that it's unplayable, but it's just a minor annoyance they could work out in the next game.

I wouldn't say the game was short (I finished it in 30 hours, doing half the extra missions) but it felt like a lot more could've been added into the game. We didn't see characters like Wario or Waluigi. Bowser made an appearance right at the end. Daisy would've been an interesting addition as well. There were only four worlds in the game and they were your average mario stages (Forest, Desert/Ice, Spooky, Lava Castle) it would've been nice to have more stages. A water stage that had enemies that could go underwater to hide from you and move around, or a big/small stage a la Mario 3/64 where enemies and heroes can become big or small in the battle. There was a lot of possible stuff they could've added. Plus I would like to see more heroes in the game, and having more heroes to control, like how Fire Emblem can let you have anyone but limits the number to say 10.

Don't get me wrong, the game was very very good, surprisingly so. If you bought the game today, and played it on and off, you'd finish it by the time Odyssey comes out. I hope if a sequel was made (although, they didn't really leave room for one) they can improve upon all the small things that the game had, and add more and more to it.

The OST was weird, it wasn't too great or memorable, but this theme was great.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Free Gaming Thread v3: Check Out Cosmyk's Mustache - by retrolinkx - 09-17-2017, 01:21 PM