Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 19 Guest(s)
The Free Gaming Thread v3: Check Out Cosmyk's Mustache
(09-21-2017, 08:10 AM)Kakariko Kid Wrote:
(09-20-2017, 11:08 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: Was finding it hard to use my official Mega Drive controller while playing games, buttons would get stiff and hard to use so  I decided to open it up and clean it.

Somehow a massive dust bunny had accumulated in the bottom of the controller, about the size of an M&M. So that's a good sign I did the right thing, the controller probably hasn't been opened for 27 years.

That reminds me of when I started taking all of my extra Gamecube and Xbox controllers apart to clean and/or repair them. I had maple syrup in the A button of one of my Gamecube controllers and it caused it to stick. How?

My first wife and my brother would look at me like I was crazy. Gettin' the look of "you're not gonna be able to get them back together".

To randomly add onto this, I also repaired the microwave today.

A few days ago, it just stopped working and my mum asked me why. I assumed the fuse had blown and said we'd get another. My dad tried to put the fuse in the plug but when that didn't work, I google the problem and found out there are an additional set of fuses in the Microwave itself.

So I took the thing apart, learning by doing and confirmed what the fuses were then badly put it back together (the shielding was out of place, and I was missing a screw). Eventually I went down to a hardware store and bought the fuses.

Came home, took the Microwave apart again and replaced the fuses. Boom, working Microwave.

My dad and brother wanted to throw it away and spend £200 on a new one, my brother thought opening up the Microwave was a bad idea, lol what a loser.

This'll be good practice for when I finally repair my Mega CD. I blew the fuse in that fucker 4 years ago, and was scared to try and use it, but now I'm going to take it apart and fix it. Apparently blown fuses are a common problem in Mega CD's and so it's an easy fix with a lot of guides online.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Free Gaming Thread v3: Check Out Cosmyk's Mustache - by retrolinkx - 09-21-2017, 11:52 AM