Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)
The Free Gaming Thread v3: Check Out Cosmyk's Mustache
Decided to replay Tony Hawk's Pro Skater and I just noticed something funky. The title screen and main menu on my copy say "Tony Hawk's Skateboarding", which is the game's name in the PAL region. However, this copy is most definitely an NTSC copy, since the cartridge is blue, unlike the PAL version which is gray. The label on the cart says "Pro Skater". Unless some guy swapped the PAL board into the NTSC cart, then gave it to Hollywood Video in the 90s, and then I bought it, I'm pretty sure this is the NTSC version. All footage I can find of the NTSC version online say "Tony Hawk's Pro Skater" at the title screen. 

I power cycled the game to see if it was maybe a glitch and the logo PAL logo still popped up.

[Image: sxZjMzF.jpg]

I would like to point out I've had this game for almost my entire life and I've just now noticed this.

EDIT: I figured it out. For some odd reason, the US version 1.1 (which I apparently have), was based on the PAL version, and left the changed title screen when they released it stateside. Somehow all the footage I could find online of the N64 version is 1.0.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Free Gaming Thread v3: Check Out Cosmyk's Mustache - by Takahashi2212 - 01-12-2018, 10:34 PM