Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 16 Guest(s)
The Free Gaming Thread v3: Check Out Cosmyk's Mustache
I don't think Monster Hunter World is all it's cracked up to be. It's still great and I need to inject 50 CCs of Armor Stones into my veins every hour, but it's a big step down from Generations in my opinion.

There's lots of little stuff that bugs me about it, but my biggest gripe is the Mobility. Each game in the series up until World has built on the Mobility foundation in meaningful ways.

Tri/3U added in Swimming, which love it or hate it still added depth to the game play.

Then 4/4U came around and hit it out of the park with Mounting Attacks that were awesome and completely changed the way you approached every piece of environment in the game.

Then X/Generations came in and knocked the ball into the fucking stratosphere with Hunting Styles, which let you choose how you wanted to approach your own maneuverability. You could now go into Aerial mode and jump around like a mad man with every weapon type, or you could go into Bushido/Adept style and play super risky to get the chance of a super reward by literally rolling into enemy attacks head first at the perfect moment, or you could just play it the classic way and have a few new abilities and toys to mess around with. This system was beautiful, and while I'm not a fan of the hunter arts themselves, Hey guess what you can literally never use them and be no worse off. Unparalleled customization from a Monster Hunter game.

Then we get to World and heyyyy Styles are gone. And there's not that much new to replace them, outside of slightly faster climbing and a few new environmental things you can hookshot too. Mounting Flying monsters is amazing now since they fly around a lot more, and mounting in general feels more fluid, but the game still feels like a massive step backwards for the series.

I know why they did it too, the Styles and Arts were sort of confusing at times and the intention of World from the start was to ease in new players. It just sucks for veterans who really loved the freedom those Styles offered.

Palicos are almost a tiny bit useful now tho so 8/10.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Free Gaming Thread v3: Check Out Cosmyk's Mustache - by Arjahn - 02-07-2018, 02:02 AM