Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 27 Guest(s)
The Free Gaming Thread v3: Check Out Cosmyk's Mustache
Finished Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg a few hours ago.

I knew about the game since I was a kid, never got it because it seemed weird and I was right on the money when I played it. I tried to play it in 2016, but my computer wouldn't run it quickly so I finished it this year instead.

My only real complaint about the game was that it was unnecessarily frustrating. There were so many bits that pissed me off to no extent that could've been avoided. The game had shitty platforming that was just awful to deal with, the game never tells you that you need 25 emblems until RIGHT at the end (emblems are basically like stars in Mario 64, and you need 25 to unlock the final stage) and does it in such a fucking disgustingly smug way it pissed me off that I dropped the game for a month.

Overall though, the game wasn't bad it was just flawed in a lot of design principles and such. If the game came out on the Dreamcast in around 1999, I could look past this stuff but it was a mid gen platformer by Sega and Sonic Team. It didn't deserve this kind of game.

If this game ever got a sequel, I hope they try and make it "non linear" in the sense that you could complete a stage in two ways a platforming hell, or a just fight your way to the end. Depending on which you chose you'd get a stage that was suited for that. I found myself enjoying the fighting because it was quite simple, and when I was overwhelmed with enemies it was actually quite a challenge to bounce myself around to avoid hits, and hit them back.

Overall, the game was a 7/10, and took around 15 hours to complete. It's flawed, but I'd like to see a sequel someday.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Free Gaming Thread v3: Check Out Cosmyk's Mustache - by retrolinkx - 03-03-2018, 02:15 PM