Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 22 Guest(s)
The Free Gaming Thread v3: Check Out Cosmyk's Mustache
I would update the Ace Attorney thread, but it's better to just say it here.

Finally got around to hacking my 3DS (A LOT easier than I thought, was scared I was going to brick the system) and play the first two cases of Dai Gyakuten Saiban, or The Great Ace Attorney. 

I gotta say, so far it's been quite....underwhelming. The first case was your average Ace Attorney case, but things like the music and atmosphere are very odd. I mean, it makes sense it's meant to be 19th Century Japan and soon to be England so things like strings and flutes makes sense but it just feels like it doesn't fit the Ace Attorney style, it's more a Professor Layton feel. People don't even have puns in their names anymore, hell the main character is literally translated as "Ryuunosuke Naruhodou"

Plus, the second case had no courtroom segments. Like, the entire second case took place in THREE rooms. All you did was investigate one room, talk to people and then leave, repeated around 20 times before the case was over. Instead of courtroom segments, we got some interesting but ultimately boring deduction from Sherlock Holmes (where, funnily enough, he would deduct things incorrectly and you would correct him).

So far, it's been quite weak of an Ace Attorney game. But it's only been the first two cases, and the copy I had to get second hand had all the cases already unlocked (whoever had it last actually finished the game back in 2015 and his saves were still on there intact) and the third and fifth case seem really interesting so I hope it picks up from there. I remember being underwhelmed and cheated in SoJ and it became a good game by the end.

Also a bit of an annoying side note, but hacking my 3DS changed the time of the system to 2030, and now it says I first started playing The Great Ace Attorney in 2030 and I can't change it, but on the plus side I somehow made it my most played game in average time.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Free Gaming Thread v3: Check Out Cosmyk's Mustache - by retrolinkx - 05-06-2018, 09:19 PM