Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 22 Guest(s)
The Free Gaming Thread v3: Check Out Cosmyk's Mustache
I had a thought recently. I wonder how many people still read strategy guides for video games. I know that Prima is still making guides so there must be a few people buying them, but since sites like Gamefaqs and Youtube now show you step for step how to get through a game and get 100%, the time for strategy guides seems to be over. That being said, I've found myself reading them from time to time and enjoying how good/bad they are. They range from very helpful by pointing out where everything is and/or are better then alot of what you can find online (new favorites include Dragon Age Origins and Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep) to very minimalistic information and/or just lacking anything helpful (Final Fantasy IX).

This was just a thought that I had after buying both guides for Dragon Age Origins (which I find a lot more helpful then anything on Gamefaqs) and Dr. Muto (which I think DocTabasco did a much better job then the book did. Like seriously, why would you leave out the fact 16 of the mandatory collectibles are stuck in the walls in the official "detailed" guide? It's a horrible guide and I wasted $7).

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Free Gaming Thread v3: Check Out Cosmyk's Mustache - by gamemaster1991 - 06-20-2018, 09:23 PM