Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)
The Free Gaming Thread v3: Check Out Cosmyk's Mustache
(10-28-2020, 10:27 PM)ZpaceJ0ck0 Wrote: Kurohyō: Ryū ga Gotoku Shinshō (Black Panther: Like a Dragon New Chapter),and Kurohyō 2: Ryū ga Gotoku Ashura hen (Black Panther 2: Like a Dragon Ashura Chapter) are pair of PSP games released in 2010 and 2012 respectively. As the name suggest, Kurohyō is a spin-off of the Ryu ga Gotoku/Like a Dragon series (know simply as 'Yakuza' in the west); the games are known as Yakuza: Black Panther by western fans. While the original Yakuza series mainly focuses on over-the-top battles against multiple opponents, Kurohyō takes a more realistic, 1-on-1 approach.

The game was developed by Syn Sophia (formely AKI Corporation), the same studio behind the Def Jam games.

The reason I'm bringing this up is because the fan-translation project for Kurohyo 1 was completed after 7 years in the making... for the most part. From what I heard the main story is fully translated but some side-stories and menus are not. The translation team said that this is as far as they'll go.

Now, if only the Kurohyo games could get a remaster like they did for Yakuza 3-5. Or at least feature Tatsuya Ukyo in the mainline Yakuza games.

Happy 5th anniversary, Punch Club! The game was originally titled VHS Story.

It's been five years since my first accepted trivia submission.

https://www.vgfacts.com/trivia/10248/

This was it, my first submission to be accepted.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Free Gaming Thread v3: Check Out Cosmyk's Mustache - by ZpaceJ0ck0 - 01-13-2021, 03:48 PM