Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)
The Free Gaming Thread v3: Check Out Cosmyk's Mustache
So there's a controversy (if you can call it that??) about the way Thor looks in the upcoming God of War: Ragnarok.

I'm just gonna say this: THAT is the way Thor looks in Norse mythology. If you don't like it that's fine, but that's the more accurate version of Thor. This is Norse mythology Thor, not Marvel's Thor.

EDIT: As for Angrboda? Yeah, I don't understand why they choose that design for her.

"Why are people complaining about Angrboda's design in GOW Ragnarok? Heimdall was played by Idris Elba and people loved it!" - Yeah, but that was Marvel's Heimdall, not Norse mythology Heimdall. Plus, Idris Elba nailed that role.

"Heimdall in the comics was also white!" - Actually.... yeah, he WAS white. Then they turned him black because gotta imitate everything the MCU does, I guess.

Heh, and people say that "Blackwashing" isn't a thing. People will tell you that blackwashing isn't real just because it isn't as prominent or talked about as whitewashing. People will call you a "stupid redneck" just for pointing out that blackwashing is, indeed, a real thing.

But yeah, like I said. Blackwashing is real, it's just rare... unless you're a redheaded character from Marvel or DC Comics, then it's inevitable. Blackwashing is also prominent in Twitter art.

Angrboda's design in Assasin's Creed: Valhalla is more accurate to the way she was described in Norse mythology.
[Image: ACV_DB_Angrboda.PNG]

And of course people criticizing Andrboda's design in this game are being labelled as racist bigots on Twitter. Then again, it's Twitter. So nothing new under the sun.

EDIT: You know what i find funny? The people defending Andrboda's redesign uses arguments such as "ugh, she's a fictional character. This doesn't affect you. Creators can interprete characters in any way they want".

What's funny about that, you ask? Its funny because those exact same people will bitch and moan about whitewashing. ROFLMFAO! Worst part is that they don't even realize their hypocrisy even if you point it out to them.

Hypocrites, all of them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Free Gaming Thread v3: Check Out Cosmyk's Mustache - by ZpaceJ0ck0 - 09-20-2021, 02:09 PM