Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Optional things that Weren't Worth it
(10-01-2016, 08:18 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote: Ninja Gaiden Sigma. This thing will haunt me forever. There is a secret area you can get into as Rachel, a small arena kind of place where you have to battle dozens of ridiculously fast and deadly demon creatures. With Rachel. The woman who thought dressing into high heels and approximately 20 square centimeters of leather and using a giant hammer way too heavy for her to use as a weapon when going on a demon hunt was a good idea. Well, she also has the grappling hook, which does just about no damage whatsoever and is useless pretty much everywhere outside of cutscenes. No ninja skills, mobility and speed close to nothing, kill these dozens of demons in a cramped space and get something in return. Hours of my life wasted dying and retrying over and over again, I finally smash the skull of the last demon in and a giant chest emerges from the ground. Sweet baby Jesus this has got to be the most amazing thing I've ever... It's a hairstyle. BUT NOT JUST ANY HAIRSTYLE! Instead of having her hair in a ponytail... Now it's just straight! THAT'S FUCKING IT! WHY WAS THIS A THING YOU GET FROM A CHEST?! FOR A CHARACTER YOU PLAY ABOUT 10% OF THE GAME AS! I was ready to chuck my PS3 out of the window at that point. Worst. Reward. Ever.

Other smaller things I could think of are the repeated boss battles from Bravely Default that serve literally no other purpose than tell a bit more story during sections where it's really rather inconsequential (but you can't return to them so if you want to see everything... and the last ones are really flippin' unfair) and the time I beat Resident Evil: Missions, a game that only gave me a sour taste in my mouth and a life time vendetta on whoever the fuckface was who thought this piece of shit was a good idea for a game. No ending, no story, no nothing, just a giant "we made a shitty game, you beat it, fuck you". Fuck.

Bravely Second did those repeated boss fights a lot better, save maybe the side quest ones where you would literally just pick the choice you didn't the first time to get the other class you missed.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Optional things that Weren't Worth it - by RepentantSky - 10-01-2016, 09:14 PM