Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Pokemon Sun and Moon Review (No Spoilers)
I personally like how this game is a lot different than the previous ones. Like yeah, gym battles are cool and yes, no matter where I go I always have to train for hours just to get barely anything done but I personally love the island challenges. Sure they can be a bit annoying at times but they can also be super fun.

One thing I noticed that I've been cringing about that happens 99.9% of the time is when an opposing Pokemon uses a move against your Pokemon that is supposed to be not very effective, it takes like a fourth of your health still. Even if your Pokemon has a 5 level advantage. It just drives me insane every time.

I like being able to ride the Pokemon around the island or how you use Charizard to fly from previous areas you visited. It feels more like you're connected to the Pokemon this way.

I'm not sure yet if I love it or hate it but the fact you have to go back to previous areas to use the new rideable Pokemon seems to be a common theme I'm seeing. I mean, it could be great since I will need to go back through and try to find Pokemon I had missed in the area but at the same time, I don't know if I would want to actually go back unless I had to.

The new map system that points out where you're supposed to go next is really helpful for me. I tend to either hit through the dialogue too fast and miss where I'm supposed to go or completely forget after a few minutes of running around doing other things. I also don't feel like I have to go there right away, it's just kinda like the quest markers on most RPGs. I find it helpful for me and probably for kids as well but I can see how a few people might not enjoy it as much.

Overall, the game is pretty solid, there are a few things I dislike that I don't want to go into due to spoilers but I'm enjoying it and that's really all that matters with games.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pokemon Sun and Moon Review (No Spoilers) - by AngelPixieNinja - 12-07-2016, 01:20 PM