Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Pokemon Sun and Moon Review (No Spoilers)
I am really enjoying it but it feels more like a side entry rather than the next mainline in the series.

It's seems like The Pokemon Company gave as much as they could when it came to X/Y and then only expanded on this in OR/AS. But then they've taken basic and helpful features out such as the use of the touch screen, player connectivity and overall just player interacting within the game.

For some reason the touch screen is now only used to display a map. I'm not too sure why this is when when in OR/AS the touch screen had a newscaster with updates, quick access to Pokemon items and ability to connect to other players. To connect to other players now, you have use Quick Link or go into a festival plaza which is huge halt on exploring the world. For example in X/Y, you can be connected to the Internet and see a list of players both local to you and online but while you're playing in the main world. I don't know why this was taken out.

It's understandable that the new Pokemon are the main focus but I'm not too sure why only Kanto Pokemon have Alolan forms but not the other generations.

It's also clear there is less focus on battling since the trials, while fun, aren't about fighting and there's barely any trainers out in the wild to fight.

I'm also playing on a New 3DS XL and the frame rate is pure arse. The original 3DS is even worse so I'm not too sure why this was accepted by Nintendo.

Wouldn't mind that Cry for Help going too.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pokemon Sun and Moon Review (No Spoilers) - by BumblebeeCody - 12-11-2016, 04:29 AM