Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)
The Chit-Chat Thread v3: Electric Potpourri
(02-03-2017, 05:13 AM)retrolinkx Wrote: I don't get my body.

For the past two days I've gone to bed at like 2am since my lectures don't start until 1pm, and both times I've slept for 6 hours and then woke up at 8am not being able to get back to sleep, so I HAVE TO STAY UP.

It's awful, and I don't know what's causing it. It just means I'm tired when my 4pm lecture rolls around.

How are your sleep cycles usually ?
Circadian rhythms are creatures of habit, so if you've been waking up around that time recently, your body just sees your late bed time as an anomaly, and not as a new routine, and stays its usual course.

There could also be external stimuli that wake you up, like someone who goes to work at 8, and slams their car door near you.
It could also be your daily body temperature cycle (yep, that's a thing), that has its peak near 8am, making you uncomfortable enough under the sheets to wake you up.

It could be a number of things. In any case, I recommend an early afternoon nap, 20-30 mins, especially if your temp cycle peaks at 8am, which would make it trough at 2pm and 2am (it's a 12-hour ting).

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Chit-Chat Thread v3: Electric Potpourri - by SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 02-03-2017, 05:45 AM