Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
The Chit-Chat Thread v3: Electric Potpourri
(02-16-2017, 12:26 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote: My friend who teaches in Japan is having a hard time right now.

She found out from her boss one school she teaches at has filed multiple complaints about her. You're never going to guess why... It's for not being "feminine" enough. I am not joking. I didn't realize Japan was THAT bad when it comes to gender roles.

Two things she mentioned that had me in shock was that they don't like that she doesn't wear perfume and they expect her to wear skirts everyday. Once her contract is up I think she's probably going to back to the States and staying here.

Japan is unfortunately just like that, you have to follow their customs or you're just not going to get hired or respected.

Like, they discriminate people for being fat (in a way it's actually quite good since it makes people want to lose weight) and things like honorifics after names and stuff. It's just their culture and you have to follow what they say, even if it's hard to do.

When my mother went to Pakistan with my father, she had to wear Pakistani dresses because it was the norm over there, and had to be with a man out in the streets (mainly for her own safety, but also norms).

I'm sure we probably have customs that confuse the Japanese, like not putting a mask on our faces when we have a cold and stuff.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Chit-Chat Thread v3: Electric Potpourri - by retrolinkx - 02-18-2017, 08:41 PM