Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
The Chit-Chat Thread v3: Electric Potpourri
So, I just found out that only 4 countries celebrate Black History Month (USA, UK, Canada and Ireland) and to be honest it doesn't surprise me.

I've always disliked BHM just because it felt so shoehorned in and once a month, every year schools would make you learn the same things again and again and do reports on it. I have nothing against people celebrating anything, but BHM was always a weird one for me.

Now that only four countries actually celebrate it really shows that no one really cares about it outside those four countries, and it just makes me wonder why it was so big here but nowhere else? I'm assuming because of the slave trade and how England/America treated minorities, but there's no such thing as Asian History Month when they had similar albeit lesser hardships, but even then it doesn't make sense for Canada and Ireland. Well actually Canada is pretty spot on, but Ireland is confusing since like there are no big black communities in Ireland, and last I checked like 1% of people living in Ireland were black.

It just seems really weird that only four countries celebrate it, it always felt bigger to me.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Chit-Chat Thread v3: Electric Potpourri - by retrolinkx - 03-27-2017, 12:22 AM