Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)
The Chit-Chat Thread v3: Electric Potpourri
(04-23-2017, 08:53 PM)ZpaceJ0ck0 Wrote: Reddit will be ditching custom CSS as part of its desktop redesign

Judging by the responses on the original announcement thread and the like/dislike ratio, it seems nobody is happy about this (as expected). In fact, some people are already saying that this might cause Reddit's definitive demise.

Oh well... I guess I should migrate to Voat or Discord.

I mean, seriously, what kind of half-assed excuse is "CSS doesn't work on mobile"? I remenber using the desktop version of Reddit on a friend's smartphone and it worked just fine. The fact that it's not supported by the mobile version of the website or the shitty app it's a different matter.

Quote:CSS is a pain in the ass: it’s difficult to learn; it’s error-prone; and it’s time consuming.

Dude, you just described programming in general.

Quote:Some changes cause confusion (such as changing the subscription numbers).

.....Okay?

Quote:CSS causes us to move slow. We’d like to make changes more quickly. You’ve asked us to improve things, and one of the things that slows us down is the risk of breaking subreddit CSS (and third-party mod tools).
We’d like to make changes more quickly.

Given the history of changes you've made, perhaps it's a good thing that you're restricted by CSS on how fast you can make changes without completely destroying the website.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Chit-Chat Thread v3: Electric Potpourri - by ZpaceJ0ck0 - 04-24-2017, 03:39 PM