Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)
The gaming related ventilation thread!
(06-24-2013, 09:05 PM)Lazlo Falconi Wrote:
(06-22-2013, 05:14 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: Mario Galaxy is really Mario 64 with gravity controls. Mario Sunshine is the same but with FLODD.

So... You're upset that they're all platformers?

I'm not upset that they are platformers. I'm upset that they are they same game but with an updated plot.

Mario 64: Bowser steals Peach and the stars and Mario has to rescue them.
Mario Sunshine: Shadow Mario
steals the stars..... I mean "shine sprites" than kidnaps peach and Mario has to rescue them with a water jet pack.
Mario Galaxy: Bowser kidnaps Peach and scatters the stars and Mario has to rescue them using gravity powers.
Next Mario game: Bowser kidnaps Peach and does something to the stars which Mario has to rescue with a new gimmick.

When I can predict the plot of your next game, you need to mix it up. Someone is going to bring up Sonic's "collect 7 colorful things" plot, but at lest they mix it up with new ways to do it. Sonic Heroes is different from Sonic Adventure which is different from Sonic and the Secret Rings which is different from Sonic Unleashed. Mario stays pretty much the same thure out. Even the RPGs are feeling the same as Peach is still getting Kidnapped.... when she has been shown that she can fight. Yes Princess Peach had a game of her own but after that she has to be saved.

Also when you lampshade the fact that you have done the same thing over and over again and not made it tongue in cheek all the way though, you may want to get rid of the fill in the blank sheet for a few games. Megaman 9 did this and it was meant to be a parody of the old games, and it worked. Megaman 10 tried to play it off as a serous plot and it probably killed off the sires for a wile. When the only thing you add to the game is Yoshi and an old power-up, I feel you ran out of ideas. On the other hand, people really love Yoshi and think he can save a Mario game, so what do I know. Let's have the next game be Mario saves Peach from the Koopa kids with the cape from Super Mario World and a new power, put Yoshi in there, and have a huge Bowser as the final boss. That will sell millions.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - by gamemaster1991 - 06-24-2013, 09:45 PM