Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 20 Guest(s)
The gaming related ventilation thread!
Here's a vent about actual vents. I don't like levels in games where you have to run through ventilation shafts. Like, you click a button and have minus 9000 nanoseconds to run half the map before it starts going FOOOM FOOOM FOOOM again. Then you have to run back.
It's the lazy programmer's enemy. You just program this thing that spins. If player hits it, he ded.

Also quicktime events that don't show the actual button you need to press. Soul Calibur did this - "press K and left." I have no bloody clue that "k" is circle, I tend to press buttons arbitrarily and see what they do to make fun combos.
If I ever miss a quicktime even I tend to replay the whole section just so that the character isn't sad (I'm looking at you Ezio Auditore and Leonardo DaVinci manhug... You asked me to quickly click the button on my flippin' keyboard that aligned with your hand icon....)

Messages In This Thread
RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - by SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 09-26-2013, 03:30 PM